10 Top Tips for a Healthy You!
Would you like to make a few simple changes to your lifestyle, that will significantly improve your health?
Here’s my 10 top tips!
1) Drink a minimum of 3 litres of water per day. Add a small pinch of rock salt to assist your body in the absorption of the water.
2) Eat a minimum of 1.5g protein for every kilogram of your body weight. This will aid cell / muscle recovery, and keep you feeling fuller for longer.
3) Eat a high protein, high fat breakfast to kick start your metabolism. Eggs are perfect.
4) Eat a minimum of 5 portions of veg and 3 portions of fruit per day, being mindful to include a variety different colours.
5) Eat any starchy carbohydrates, such as potatoes and rice, on training days. Ideally in the meal before you train and the meal after.
6) Treat alcohol with caution. With just one large glass of red containing over 200 calories, you can see how you can very quickly undo you hard work with very little effort.
7) Cut refined sugar down as much as possible. Similar to alcohol, I don’t want to be a party pooper, but see sweet treats as exactly that – A TREAT!
8) Make each meal from scratch using whole, single ingredient foods. The internet has plenty of healthy recipes you can search for in seconds or alternatively, speak to one of our coaches.
9) Be aware of calories. In most cases, counting calories is stressful and unnecessary, however we need to be sure that we are in the correct region. Our coaches can advise you on how to do this.
10)Move as much as possible. Whether that’s the old rule of parking further away from the supermarket or whether it’s beginning an exercise routine, if you want to maintain a healthy lifestyle, you want to be as active as possible. For a more personal plan, you know what to do. We're waiting to hear from you.